Colossians 3:16

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God - Colossians 3:16

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Favorite Bob Kauflin Articles

Motivating the Church to Worship God - This is a challenging article for me because I'm not really one to interject while leading praise, though I understand and appreciate the heart and purpose behind it.  I do see the great benefit of doing so, but at the same time, I want to be cautious so as not to distract.  Gotta find the balance.

Defining Worship - This is a four-parter, so be prepared to do some reading (actually, each part is not too long).  I am truly grateful for Mr. Kauflin's ministry and how God has used him to ignite a passion within me to make sure I understand with my mind what it is that I do as a praise leader, and having the truth of God work in my heart to produce true emotion and true love for the One who first loved (and continues to love) me.

What Does a Worship Leader Do - Ok, be warned: this is a 17-parter!  I would encourage anyone to read all 17, as they are very informative and instructive, and if you lead praise at your church, I would command you (if I had that sort of authority) to read and digest all 17 parts and really think about how to apply what you've read.  I know I'll be going back to read these again.

Entering the "Draw Me Close" Conversation - This is a great example of finding the balance. I appreciate how he doesn't outright dismiss the song, pointing some of its good qualities, but he doesn't hold back from the potential dangers and ambiguities of the song either.  It's also a good reminder that there isn't one song that perfectly embodies all of who God is and what He has done.  So instead of trying to find that perfect song, we should work to build praise sets made up of songs that work together to encourage the genuine worship of God.

You can follow Bob Kauflin's blog at http://www.worshipmatters.com/.  I've recommended it before, but I'll do it again:

No comments:

Post a Comment