Colossians 3:16

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God - Colossians 3:16

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Checking out a (somewhat) new site

So a friend of mine introduced me to this site because he knew that I like finding songs that correspond to Scripture. It's called Blue Letter Bible and it's really cool. Aside from it's searching capabilities, original languages, devotionals, and commentaries, the thing that really sets this site apart is the corresponding hymns. So it will take a verse, then search through Cyber Hymnal, and list out any songs that are related to the passage. It will (through Cyber Hymnal) show the artists' information, lyrics and a Midi recording. I like to open the Midi in a separate tab so I can hear the song while I look at the lyrics. Anyways, I just rediscovered this site (my friend told me about this last year) and I look forward to using it some more. If I find some good songs, perhaps we will sing them at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment